Sunday, June 26, 2005

 

THE WIENER! AND STILL CHAMPION!



We Won! We Won! We won it all!

Say hello to the IL Deep Dish Division's #1 Champions.....RUSTY'S WRANGLERS!!

AND YOU KNOW 'DIS!!!

More to come with the scoop on the big win over James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Party, who apparently had some trouble getting their jets going for the big tournament....if you know what I mean!!

I wish that I could accurately portray the excitement---nay, hysteria---in room 1057 of the Catamaran Resort in San Diego, California on Saturday at approximately 1:16pm local time when we got the text message from Cassie: "Wranglers are champs." Dave actually fainted. Duff squealed with delight. Brad wet his pants. And I said "Come on, people, pull yourselves together! It's just kickball!" Just kidding--- I freaked out!!!

We ran out to the beach where fellow Wranglers Tatie & Kim Whalebone were basking in the warm San Diego sun, and where we proceeded to celebrate further our Wrangler victory and tell pretty much everyone on the beach that we were Kansas City-bound!!! How sweet it is!! It's like SUGAR, baby! And guess what, one of our friends at the wedding lives in Kansas City so she's totally going to come and cheer for us. We will have fans!!

I feel as though the last 7 years of dedication to rec league sports as variant as soccer, volleyball, softball, football, and cornhole have finally borne fruit! My first championship ever!! I am bursting with pride. And I owe it all to you, Wranglers. I am so pumped for Kansas City and can't wait to kick a little regional heiney. We are peaking at just the right moment, Wranglers. We can't be stopped.

Congrats to all the Wranglers! You make Mama so proud!

Now it's on to Kansas City....where it ain't gonna be pretty.... for the regional WAKA tournament.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?